[BRLTTY] [Nvda-dev] Braille support?

James Teh jamie at jantrid.net
Mon Sep 22 19:23:04 EDT 2008

On 23/09/2008 8:48 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>>I noticed
>> that brltty seems to log (partial) messages to the event log when
>> running normally, but it doesn't when running as a service. Any ideas?
> Maybe again a permission issue?  I'm just all admin on my XP.
Same here. The permission problem I mentioned previously was quite
strange, given that I'm an admin. However, I don't think this is so
simple, as the service is running as system, so it should definitely
have access to the event log...

>> I've also found some bugs in the brlapi Python bindings which I'll
>> report (or perhaps patch) in due course.
> Still waiting for them :)
The one bug I've been able to confirm appears to have already been fixed
in svn in r3732. It relates to brlapi.OperationError not extending
Exception. I'm using your build of 3.10, so I'll need to get my system
set up to build from svn.

I'm also experiencing some rather frustrating freezing when using
readKey(False), but it is intermitant and I can't figure out exactly how
to reproduce it. It freezes the application using brlapi, but brltty is
fine. It's as if brlapi is blocking when it shouldn't. I'll report more
if I figure it out. :)

Jamie

--
James Teh