[BRLTTY] [Nvda-dev] Braille support?

James Teh jamie at jantrid.net
Sun Sep 28 20:07:36 EDT 2008

On 29/09/2008 5:18 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> Now, about the CPU consumption, I've noticed something bad with my irda
>> port:
> It's actually that ReadFile(0) doesn't wait.  I've looked deep into the
> comm documentation, and couldn't find any way to poll a comm handler...
> There is WaitCommEvent but it doesn't accept a timeout, unless turning
> the handle into overlapped mode, which would make the whole code a lot
> messy...  The only sane way I could find is the attached patch: use
> ReadFile(1) and remember the character for later use.  Lee and James,
> could you try it?
Unfortunately, no luck here. I tried building both with and without the
patch. Without the patch, brltty works as it always has. With the patch,
my display isn't detected and brltty starts chewing CPU crazily after a
few seconds. Debug output isn't much help; the last line of text relates
to initialising the screen driver.

Jamie

--
James Teh