[BRLTTY] qemu

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sun Apr 5 09:42:54 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 01:06:18PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Daniel Dalton, le Sun 05 Apr 2009 20:52:24 +1000, a écrit :
> > Ah yes, that makes it run, but it seems to hang on this command:
> > qemu -hda ubuntu.img -cdrom
> > /media/daniel-external/iso/ubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386.iso -m 192 -boot d -curses
>
> Are you sure it's not in graphical mode, just waiting for you to hit enter?

Hmmm, I press enter initially, lots of stuff flickers by, then the
screen just goes blank apart from a line with 640 x by 480 or something
similar.

Pressing enter then does nothing.

> > Any ideas, or do you know of an image that will work?
>
> The text-based debian installer should just work.

Ok, I was testing with that. Got a bit further, with the initial
flickering messages, but still stuck after with the 600 by 480 line...

As I said pressing enter a second time after this does nothing.

> > BTW, just out of curiosity, it may help me convert people to linux,
> > could a blind person load windows this way and run a windows
> > screenreader and use the guest os (windows)?
>
> Yes, but setting up the screenreader will probably need the help of a
> sighted user.

hmm cool.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help