[BRLTTY] pac mate question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 12 07:14:45 EDT 2009

[quoted lines by Sergei V. Fleytin on 2009/08/12 at 11:57 +0400]

>I am a brltty user for some time already and soon I am going to own a
>Pac mate braille display. One friend of mine has given me his own pac
>mate to work for a while and I found it to be a quite usable on
>Linux. But I would like to change some key assignments on the
>display. Specifically, I would like to make a left and right advance
>key to perform an imitation of up / down arrows keys. Please, tell me
>how I can do that? I don't mind to modify the sources myself and
>recompile brltty, but at the moment I have no idea which part of code
>should be changed, since I am not a programmer myself.

The bindings for many drivers, including the fs driver, are now defined in
external tables. If you build brltty from the latest development code,
therefore, all you need to do is to edit the file brl-fs-pacmate.ktb in order
to make the changes.