[BRLTTY] a simple question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 24 00:20:48 EDT 2009

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2009/08/23 at 20:54 +0200]

>Yes, brltty can fallback to its own conversion routine.  However, it
>does so only for latin1, cp437 and cp850. In all other cases (e.g.
>latin2 or 9, utf-8), convertCharToWchar will always return WEOF.  Maybe
>we should keep a fallback that assumes ASCII coding, to at least get
>that properly converted?  (or perhaps even latin1).

In this case the real problem is that he's using screen. Our driver for screen
assumes latin1. I've yet to look into making it handle more character sets,
although I think I already know how to do it. Unfortunately, I messed up one of
my legs real bad (major infection from serious burn) a few weeks ago and have
had to do a lot of resting.