[BRLTTY] Contraction error and patch: Riflery

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 29 14:37:12 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 09:34:26AM -0700, Zachary Kline wrote:

>   If I may ask, does using the "e;r" sign in this case violate some specific
> rule?

Yes, adding a prefix or a suffix to a word cannot violate the bounds
of that word. So since rifle ends in an e, that e can't be part of an
e-r sign. Imagery, savagery, and prearrange are examples of the same
rule.

I always forget to specify in these patches that this applies to what
they now call "contracted English braille," not UEB. I have no idea
what UEB does.

Have fun,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll