[BRLTTY] Using Seika 40 braille display under Ubuntu

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jan 7 14:21:29 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Michel such on 2009/01/07 at 19:11 +0100]

>Is it possible to use this terminal under Linux Ubuntu.

Yes, but I believe you'll need a newer release of brltty than Ubuntu currently
has. Your best alternative, if you don't mind it, is to build the latest
development release from the repository.

>It works fine under Windows. It is recognized as a tsi display, but connects
>thru an usb port. Under Windows, you need to install a COM port emulator so
>that brltty (or others) can access it as if it was connected to a COM port.

Yes, this can be done on Linux too. In fact, I suspect it'll happen
automatically as soon as you connect the Seika. You should get a device name
like ttyUSB0.