[BRLTTY] Using Seika 40 braille display under Ubuntu

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jan 7 18:35:35 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2009/01/08 at 00:04 +0100]

>Ah, is the Seika just using an already implemented protocol?  If so,
>then it'd be good to mention it appropriately, as grep -ri seika doesn't
>find anything.

The Seika does respond as a TSI emulator except that it's a bit too strict so
we had to make a small change in our TSI driver to accommodate it, hence the
need for a recent brltty.

The Seika also does have its own protocol, for which I do have the details, but
that has yet to be implemented as I don't have access to a Seika for testing.