[BRLTTY] Fwd: Orca crash with grade 2 and latest versions of brltty and liblouis

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Jun 30 08:18:34 EDT 2009

Willie Walker <William.Walker at Sun.COM> writes:

> # restarted brltty with the debug flag:
> Brltty -ldebug
> # turned on braille support in Orca - At this point speech and braille
> both
> worked fine
> # turned on grade 2 support in Orca - At this point, Orca crashed (as
> expected)
>
> So now, if someone can tell me where to find the debug log file, I'll
> send
> it to the list.

If you just specify -ldebug, the log goes to syslog, i.e.
/var/log/syslog.  There will be different entries in there, not all
coming from brltty.  If you want a dedicated log-file, you will need
to start brltty differently.  Anyway, check the end of /var/log/syslog
and see if you can find messages that look like this:

Jun 30 12:00:16 fzidpc73 brltty[32412]: BRLTTY 4.0 [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]

with
# grep brltty /var/log/syslog

you should be able to extract all these messages at once.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'