[BRLTTY] Bluetooth configuration

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Sat Mar 7 05:40:56 EST 2009

Hello, list!

I've one further question regarding buletooth and a dual boot system with
Linux and Windows XP.

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Jason White on 2009/03/04 at 12:44 +1100]
>
>>My new laptop claims to have Bluetooth support:
>>                   product: ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate II
>>                   capabilities: bluetooth usb-2.00
>>
>>My braille display is a Baum SuperVario (aka Brailliant) 40.
>>
>>I'm using a fairly recent revision of BrlTTY from svn. I know there has been
>>some discussion on the list of Bluetooth changes.
>>
>>What's the best (latest) documentation that I should consult to find out how
>>to configure it?
>
> You should be able to do it like this. Find out your host's Bluetooth Device
> Address via the command "hciconfig hci0". Then go into the directory
> "/var/lib/bluetooth/<host-address>. In there (create if necessary) is the file
> "pincodes". This file contains one device per record. Each record has two
> fields separated by space. The first field is the device's Bluetooth Device
> Address and the second field is its PIN. So:
>
>    cat /var/lib/bluetooth/01:23:45:67:89:AB/pincodes
>    12:34:56:78:9A:BC 1234
>
> For brltty, specify the device as "bluetooth:<device-address>", e.g.:
>
>    -d bluetooth:12:34:56:78:9A:BC

Every time you connect, a file is created in the same folder under
/var/lib/bluetoot, called linkkeys. If I connect to the Braille Star
first from Linux, and after that from Windows, I need to delete the
linkkeys file prior to be able to reconnect from Linux the next time.
This can be done automatically within Linux, so that's not a big problem.
The Windows system, however, requires that I do the pairing process
again if I last connected from Linux, and that's a big problem.

Do any of you know a way to: Either

- Pair automatically in Windows

or

- Get the bluetooth adapter to forget about that it previously was
  connected on another system.

Thanks

Lars