[BRLTTY] alert tones

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 13 07:41:29 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:43:52AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Daniel Dalton, le Tue 10 Mar 2009 21:31:58 +1100, a écrit :
> > How do I make the alert notifications come through my speakers not the
> > pc beeper? (Using alsa so emacspeak can talk and music can play?)
>
> Use the -p option.

Edited /etc/brltty.conf and added this line:
pcm-device	pcm-handle-id:0,0	# ALSA (see second parameter of
snd_pcm_open)

Open prefs menu and set tune device to pcm... Alert tunes is on
also... Save on exit: yes. Restart brltty braille driver...:
sudo /etc/init.d/brltty restart

No tunes... I have music playing in the background (alsa), and an
emacspeak server talking to write this email along side the music...

Any other ideas?

Can you give me an example for the -p option?

Thanks!

Daniel.