[BRLTTY] unaccessible apps with brltty

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Tue Mar 17 11:39:14 EDT 2009

On 17.03.2009 at 16:29:51 Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> [quoted lines by Hermann on 2009/03/17 at 16:13 +0100]
>
>>during the last days I often had to use programs like alsamixer or the
>>interface of aumix.
>>I had to realize that those programs are hardly accessible with Brltty,
>>so I have to switch to SBL in ordr to adjust my Alsa settings.
>>Those programs use an attribute cursor, which is not recognized by
>>Brltty.
>>Another example is the Midnight Commander (mc).
>>So what can a brltty user do to access these apps? Are there plans to
>>extend brltty's features so that one can set attribute cursor settings?
>
> How do screen readers which support attribute cursors know which attribute
> combination is being used as the cursor? That can be different for each
> application.

In SBL, there are settings files - so called profiles - to define which
color combination is defined as an attribute. It is possible to set
several such attributes, and you can define how many of them are watched
- regularly one.
If someone is interested in checking out SBL. look here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/marco/openSUSE_Factory/src/
Hermann