[BRLTTY] mouse and braille

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 21 19:50:37 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 09:45:38AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2009/03/21 at 20:25 +1100]
>
> >I have found it is very hard to control, when a sighted person moves by
> >char it doesn't seem to move the braille window...
>
> The braille widow will only move when the mouse moves beyond its boundaries.

Ah right, that makes sense now once I figured out the atrib thing :)

> Note, also, that you must have enabled "Window Follows Pointer" in the menu.

Yes.

> >Any ideas? How can I see what charactar is under the mouse?
>
> If you enable attribute underlining then you can tell because the character the
> mouse is on is highlighted.

Ah, yes, thanks!

How do you guys use atributes? Do you have them on all the time, or just
when you require them, like with the mouse?
I have found it is hard to read braille in lynx since there are a lot of
attribute dots.
Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Daniel.