[BRLTTY] Windows version of BRLTTY and Seika 40 terminal

Michel such michel.such at free.fr
Thu Mar 26 13:00:39 EDT 2009

Hi all,

The problem I am going to describe occurs when using BRLTTY as a braille driver for NVDA.
As it does not occur when simply running BRLTTY, I suppoe it has to do with brlapi.
It occurs when using NVDA on a command prompt.
Every 10 seconds (about), I can hear the 2 beeps as if brltty would deconnect from the terminal, then the 2 beeps indicating a reconnection.
Then the command prompt appears, displayed by BRLTTy itself, then NVDA regains control on the terminal.
I can see that brltty takes control for a while sincee I don't use the same translation table when under brltty and when under NVDA.

In BRLTTY 3.10, il only occurs when on a command prompt.
With pre 4.0 Samuel proposed a while ago, it happens on any window.
I also use a Papenmeier braillex 80, and this one does not have the problem.