[BRLTTY] BRLTTY Java bindings -- UnsatisfiedLinkError

Simon Meers drmeers at gmail.com
Fri May 22 23:10:57 EDT 2009

First of all, thank you for such a great project. I downloaded the svn
source code and everything built perfectly, and I had a working python
program within minutes.

I now have a need to use the Java bindings, as I am writing a Firefox
extension, and I believe Java will be the easiest bridge from JavaScript.
However I believe I have a binding/linking problem in my installation -- if
I try to run this (in a plain Java program, with
brltty/Bindings/Java/brlapi.jar in my classpath):

    Brlapi b = new Brlapi(new ConnectionSettings());

I get this:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> org.a11y.BrlAPI.Native.openConnection(Lorg/a11y/BrlAPI/ConnectionSettings;Lorg/a11y/BrlAPI/ConnectionSettings;)I
>     at org.a11y.BrlAPI.Native.openConnection(Native Method)
>     at org.a11y.BrlAPI.Brlapi.<init>(Brlapi.java:28)
>     at test.main(test.java:7)

I'm more of a python person myself, but it looks to me like this means that
the 'native' brltty code is not linking correctly to the native brltty
implementation?

I'm working with svn://mielke.cc/main/brltty r4488, in Ubuntu 8.04 with
java-6-sun package.

Regards,
Simon Meers