[BRLTTY] URG: Optelec

Aldo labrad0r at edpnet.be
Mon Nov 9 09:56:55 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm testing an Optelec BC640 through USB
on a Debian Lenny O S
with BrlTty 3.10 (deb package):

- seems detected, told me "USB verbonden" (means " USB connected" in English)

- + vID and pID found by lsusb:
  asteroid:~# lsusb |grep -i optelec
  Bus 006 Device 007: ID 0798:0640 Optelec

- and  ps ax |grep brltty  shows a procesnr.:
  2168 ?    Ssl  0:12 /sbin/brltty -q

but no braille at all, no "screen not in text mode" message.

Please I will appreciate if you can help with further details!

Important: it's containing the Firmware 2.2.4.

Some outputs:

asteroid:~# brltty -l 7
BRLTTY 3.10dev [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]

asteroid:~# brltty -e
BRLTTY 3.10dev [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
brltty: Linux Screen Driver:
brltty: BrlAPI Server: release 0.5.1
brltty: a BrlAPI server is already listening on 0 (file /var/lib/BrlAPI/.0 exists)
brltty: Error while initializing socket 0
asteroid:~# brltty: NoSpeech Speech Driver:

Aldo.