[BRLTTY] How to get grade 2 english braille output in the console?

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Mon Sep 21 07:48:22 EDT 2009

On 21.09.2009 at 00:50:24 Sébastien Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> Hi Hen, welcome to the community.
>
>>    I have two braille displays. One is an alva bc680, which I use for
>>    work, and the other is a pacmate. I usually test most things out on the
>>    pacmate first as the alva is stil quite new. Firstly I would like to
>>    know how to display grade 2 english braille in the console using either
>>    one of the displays. I herd that a keystroke on the display will set
>>    this option but I can not find what it is.
>
> NOrmally it's the command that switches between 6 and 8 dots braille
> which does this. In 6 dots braille, if you have a contraction table
> loaded,you should get grade 2 braille.

But she don't know which key to press to get to the preferences menu,
and that's what she wants to know.
The file /etc/brltty/brl-fs-pacmate.ktb tells the following:
bind Hot7 PREFMENU
Does this help, whatever this keycombination means?
You can scroll through the preferences menu by using the up/down keys of
your display. You should activate "yes" for "save on exit" and then
switch to "6 dot braille".
To do so you can use the touch cursor keys or the cursor tracking key, if
such a key exists for the Packmate.
To leave the menu press the Hot7 key again.

>>    Also which version of
>>    braille TTY should I use in order to get the BC680 drivers?
>
> The last stable one is 4.0 I think.

I checked this out in the latest from SVN, and I'm hoping that it will
work for a 4.0 or older too.
Hermann