[BRLTTY] Is a new release coming soon?

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 22 13:03:20 EDT 2009

Hi All:

About a month ago, Samuel Thibault contributed a patch to prevent a
crasher associated with variable-size arrays:

r4726 | dave | 2009-08-19 22:44:03 -0400 (Wed, 19 Aug 2009) | 2 lines

Some compilers don't deallocate variable-size arrays until the function
returns. (st,dm)

This crasher is a pretty bad thing for OpenSolaris -- BrlTTY will crash
about every 10-15 minutes.  Since the patch for the crasher was rather
large, I made the decision to wait for a new release rather than apply
the patch via a diff in our build system.

Is a new release coming soon?  If not, I'll need to rethink my decision. :-)

Thanks for all your hard work, BTW.  I have great respect for the BrlTTY
team.

Will