[BRLTTY] Alva Satellite tumbler keys.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Sep 24 07:36:22 EDT 2009

[quoted lines by Adrian P. van Bloois on 2009/09/24 at 12:52 +0200]

>I have an Alva Satellite 584. I use brltty on Centos 5.3.
>The tumble switches on the front, one left and one right of all other
>buttons dont do anything in my case. I think they will do something with
>Windows, but Microsoft is taboo for me.

I intend to make them do something in brltty today, although, to benefit from
it, you'll need to build from the latest development release. In fact, I'd
welcome it if you'd do that so that my changes can be tested.

What do you think they should do? I guess one of them should go up/down one
line. Should they both do that?

>The switches can be moved to left or right, so three positions, if you
>take into account the middle position.
>They feel a bit fluffy if you ask me.

Do they strictly slide, are they rockers, or do they kind of rotate?