[BRLTTY] Appending NUL to cat

james collins james.collins75 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 12:29:03 EDT 2009

Just wondering what I am doing wrong? I want to use cat, but I want to
append a NUL character to what I type? I tried typing:
echo -e -n '\000' | cat > /dev/cu.usbserial -FTKVMAFF
What I was hoping would happen, is my cursor would drop down a line
and I would be in the cat command, I would then right some text and
when I hit return, a NUL character would be appended to the text I had
written and my synthesizer would speak the words I had written? But
when I hit return I just get a new shell prompt? I tried typing:
echo -n -e '\000' then hit return
then typed:
cat > /dev/cu.usbserial-FTKVMAFF
but when I enter text my synthesizer doesen't speak? Wondering what I
am doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone