[BRLTTY] using BrlAPI and speech API in one program

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Aug 2 13:17:18 EDT 2010

> Hi,
>
> marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (2010/08/02 17:19 +0200):
>> I have one more question: Is it also possible to test the input of
>> braille
>> keys with some virtual braille terminal? The xwindow driver seems to be
>> only for displaying the output.
>
> No, normally you should see a virtual keyboard in the window, whose keys
> you can press by clicking on them with your mouse. You may also be able
> to simulate cursor routing keys by clicking on the braille cells.
>
> Sherab.

Hi too,

I'm using the windows version of BRLTTY. The xwindow driver displays me
only the cells of the braille display, no keyboard. I can click on the
cells, but the input is not delivered to the program (client).
The method brlapi_readKey (1, &key) does not return when I click.

Greets, Thomas Marquardt