[BRLTTY] Using the espeak speech driver

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Sat Aug 7 16:23:56 EDT 2010

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Pitre <nico at fluxnic.net> wrote on Mi, Aug 04, 2010 at 03:34:33 -0400:
>On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Sebastian Humenda wrote:
>> I just wanted to test the espeak speech driver. I'm only not quite sure which
>> path shall be  given to:
>> speech-parameters es:Path=
>> Exactly which path is needed? On my Debian system, I do have a
>> libespeak.so.1.1.43
>> libespeak.so.1@
>> in /usr/lib/, so the path would be /usr/lib?
>No.  The path parameter would be the same as for the --path argument of
>the espeak command line executable, which says:
Thanks for this.

But after compiling BRLTTY 4.2, I can read in syslog:
Aug  7 18:36:22 crustulus brltty[6212]: speech driver not loadable: es

Why can't I load this module?

I also tried to build the module into the executable, but configure says:
configure: error: unknown speech driver: es

Thanks and greetings
Sebastian
--
Test the free Latin-German dictionary | Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch!
Online: http://dict.uni-leipzig.de/dictd?Form=dict3&Database=lat-deu