[BRLTTY] TSI: Looking for testers for Navigator models

Philip Alade Ajofoyinbo philip at eyeofmind.org
Tue Aug 24 17:05:26 EDT 2010

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:41:28 +0200, Mario Lang wrote:

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:41:28 +0200, Mario Lang wrote:

Hi, there, folks!

Under normal circumstances, it would have been more customary for me to introduce
myself prior to responding to a post on this list....  However, as there is a
fortuitous coincidence between the inquiry regarding a TSI Navigator above and
my urgent need to make NVDA use my Navigator (v#3.2 80-8) for Braille output
courtesy of BRLTTY....

In reverse order:  (1) I _would_ be willing to test the new TSI Navigator driver
for BRLTTY (currently running WINXP Pro) if (2) I can be helped to resolve a
driver-loading issue (driver version 4.2-1 [at startup, "no foreground window"
and something like "no console attached"; apparently no communication with
Navigator!]; quoted messages picked up by Window-Eyes, my primary screen-reader
and (3) my name is Philip alade Ajofoyinbo, currently a resident of Lomita, CA,
one of the innumerable subdivisions of the Los Angeles megalopolis; I'm a
cultural anthropologist by formal training and worldview, a demanding philosopher
and political theorist by inclination and passionate opinionator by passtime;
Lastly, I have a dedicated naturalist's keen interest in technology,
especially in its intersection with society and culture.

Philip

>> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 02:04:04AM EST, Mario Lang wrote:
>>> In preparation for a pending rewrite of the TSI driver
>>> to use keyTables instead of hardcoded switch statements,
>>> we are looking for people to test the resulting code on a TSI Navigator.
>>>
>>> Does anyone still have such a model?
>>
>> I have a Navigator LX40 that I can test if need be.

>Thats wonderful, thank you!  Can you tell us a little bit
>more about the model?  Is it a device without routing keys?

>--

>> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 02:04:04AM EST, Mario Lang wrote:
>>> In preparation for a pending rewrite of the TSI driver
>>> to use keyTables instead of hardcoded switch statements,
>>> we are looking for people to test the resulting code on a TSI Navigator.
>>>
>>> Does anyone still have such a model?
>>
>> I have a Navigator LX40 that I can test if need be.

>Thats wonderful, thank you!  Can you tell us a little bit
>more about the model?  Is it a device without routing keys?

>--

"I am not a Labor Leader; I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are
looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay
right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because
if I led you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well
as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition."
--Eugene V. Debs