[BRLTTY] Probable bug for Focus 40 keyboard input support in svn

Sergei V. Fleytin fleytin at yandex.ru
Fri Jan 1 13:12:27 EST 2010

On Птн, Янв 01, 2010 at 12:11:48 -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Sergei V. Fleytin on 2010/01/01 at 19:47 +0300]

> Do the GDF keys, the rocker keys, and pressing the wheels all do the right
> things?

Yes, they work as expected. I only redefined right wheel to perform
cursor up / down commands.

> Do the dot keys enter the wrong characters or do they perform navigation
> functions?

They enter wrong charaters/ Perhaps I also should mention that I am
using russian braille table. I think that I also should point out that
in stable versions of brltty everything worked well.

> If the dot keys enter the wrong characters, can you press them one at a time to
> see which character each one by itself enters?

Ok, let's do it right away! :-)

dot 1: (produce nothing)
dot 2: 2 (produced number 2)
dot 3: к (produces cyrillic small letter ka, that is, dots 1 and 3)
dot 7: А (produces cyrillic capital letter a, dots 1 an 7)
dot 4: ц (produces cyrillic small letter se, dots 1 and 4)
dot 5: е (produces amll cyrillic ie, dots 1 and 5)
dot 6: ё (produces cyriilic small letter io, dots 1 and 6)
dot 8: a (produces latin small letter a, as you can see)

Hope this heps.

Sergei.