[BRLTTY] Help debugging brltty for Ubuntu Lucid

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Jan 29 16:53:51 EST 2010

Bill Cox, le Fri 29 Jan 2010 10:16:24 -0500, a écrit :
> but I don't have access to a Braille display, nor do I know how to
> read one.

You can just use qemu's virtual braille device. If you are sighted, you
can use the graphical version:

$ brltty -b xw -x no -s no    # open a virtual braille display
$ qemu -usbdevice braille     # starts qemu with an emulated braille device.

If you are blind, you can use the tty version:

in a console:
$ brltty -b tt -d /dev/tty -x no -s no -n    # open a virtual braille display

in another console:
$ qemu -usbdevice braille -curses    # starts qemu with an emulated braille device and the curses interface

Basically, checking that it seems to output something is enough, even if
there are glitches in the tt case.

Samuel