[BRLTTY] Contraction errors and patch: Cowriter, pedicure

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 31 03:17:53 EST 2010

Hi folks,

Not long ago I read an article saying that somebody, probably the
Oxford English Dictionary but I'm not sure, had come out with a new
edition in which they had removed the hyphens from most hyphenated
words. By induction this means that "co-writer" etc. should now be
written "cowriter". This patch fixes both the word beginning "cowrit"
and the word "cowrote". The former has appeared in one of my
Web-Braille books:

 ,/ev5 ,hopp1 cowrite >ticles on sci;e

Also, the word "pedicure" should use the e-d sign:

 wond};l p$icure & back massage40
 6give me a p$icure too40
! mi4le (! floor & _h a p$icure4 ,8
massages & p$icures & manicures kept
p$icure4 ,n{ :at80

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll