[BRLTTY] Problem with BRLTTY 4.2.1 for Windows

Ollie mallard at ilgerone.net
Fri Jul 2 13:42:56 EDT 2010

>Oh, right, there actually is code for cursor routing in NVDA.
>
>Did he also try scrolling keys?

>Could he try in a console window with brltty alone, to check whether the
>problem is between the device and brltty, or between brltty and NVDA?

Samuel,
He says cursor routings work perfectly well with Jaws 10 and a11
demo,  as well as with BRLTTY version 4.2.1,but not with NVDA, Snapshot 3593.

The scrollkeys don't work; neither those on the front panel, nor the
ones at the sides of the display.

He also says he has noticed a substantial difference in behaviour
between version 4.1.2 and version 4.2.1.
For instance, in 4.1.2, when NVDA is closed, a message appears on his
Alva that reads: "No console to read". In 4.2.1, instead, once NVDA
is closed and therefore the programme is not needed, the message
reads: "No attachable console".

He wasn't sure what you mant by "console"; i told him it's the ex
"dos window", so to speak... I hope I didn't tell nonsense! (grin).

Ciao,
Ollie