[BRLTTY] using BrlAPI and speech API in one program

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jul 27 10:36:41 EDT 2010

Thank you for your reply, Samuel Thibault.

Using Visual C++, I have written a short test program. In the
properties-dialogue in the linker\input section I have added the library
file "libbrlapi.a" to AdditionalDependencies. The program can be compiled,
but the linker outputs error messages "unresolved external symbol _xxx".

Next, I have also added the other library files "libbrlapi.dll.a" and
"libbrlapi-0.5.5.dll.a" from the lib directory, but this changed nothing.

The complete list of error messages follows:

1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__alloca referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_select at 20 referenced in function _brlapi__readKey at 12
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_wmemset referenced in function _brlapi__writeTextWin at 16
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_WSACleanup at 0 referenced in function _brlapi__closeConnection at 4
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_setsockopt at 20 referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_gethostbyname at 4 referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_inet_addr at 4 referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_WSAGetLastError at 0 referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_getservbyname at 8 referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_htons at 4 referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_closesocket at 4 referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_connect at 12 referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_socket at 12 referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_WSAStartup at 8 referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_snprintf referenced in function _tryHost
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_ntohl at 4 referenced in function _brlapi_readPacketHeader
1>libbrlapi.a(brlapi_client.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_htonl at 4 referenced in function _brlapi_writePacket

End of list.

Do I need other or additional library files, and where can I get them?
Greets, Thomas Marquardt