[BRLTTY] using BrlAPI and speech API in one program

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Jul 31 06:46:54 EDT 2010

Thank you! Now I managed to created the brlapi.lib file and compiled my
test program with Visual C++ 2008.

But it doesn't work properly with the xwindow diver (brltty -b xw):
The program enters TTy mode (brlapi_enterTtyMode (BRLAPI_TTY_DEFAULT,
NULL);) and outputs text onto the braille terminal (brlapi_writeText (0,
txt);). This works only if the text contains only one character, but if it
contains two or more characters, then only a '?' appears on the virtual
braille display.

If I compile the essentially same program with MinGW, it works as it should.

BTW, I'd like to know:
Against what have I linked the program when I used brlapi.lib? If I want
to distribute the program later, what must be included?

Greets, Thomas Marquardt