[BRLTTY] BRLTTY 4.2 crash

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Fri Jun 4 12:51:12 EDT 2010

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote on Mo, Mai 31, 2010 at 12:58:58 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2010/05/30 at 11:40 +0200]
>>I have no idea how this might work, because BRLTTY is currently run by the
>>Debian start scripts. Is it possible to write a script like this
>>===
>>#!/bin/sh
>>ulimit -c unlimited
>>brltty.blah -l 7 $1
>>===
>>And put it in /sbin to be run instead of the binary itself (and assuming that the
>>binary is called brltty.blah). I don't know whether this dirt hack might work,
>>but I have no idea how to change the startup scripts.
>Yes, that should work.
And I find the file then in /sbin?

>>How can I build BRLTTY with debugging symbols? I found no configure option and
>>there's also no Debian package called brltty-dbg. So where do I get those
>>symbols?
>Configure with --disable-stripping.
Sorry for this late try, but I needed a stable solution to work with over the
week (4.0).

>>BTW, in order to work I'm currently running BRLTTY 4.2dev rev 5143, which has
>>also crashes, but very seldom and after such a crash the keyboard is not frozen.
>>Hence it's possible to restart BRLTTY without reboot.
>eere you getting the crash in the released 4.2?
Yes,

>How reproducible is it?
>Do you have a keyboard key table enabled?
I use a keyboard table. This was also my first thought, because I never had such
crashes with BRLTTY before enabling one. I don't know how reproducible it is; I
give it a try.

Greetings
Sebastian
--
Help with testing the free Latin-German FreeDict dictionary
Online: http://dict.uni-leipzig.de/dictd?Form=dict3&Database=lat-deu
Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freedict/files/Latin%20-%20German/0.3/freedict-lat-deu-0.3.tar.bz2/download
More languages | mehr Sprachen: http://www.freedict.org