[BRLTTY] Contraction error and patch: Thingies

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 8 21:00:43 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

Thingy is translated correctly, but thingies isn't. I have no idea how
many dictionaries it may be in (it isn't in WordNet), but it is in
reasonably common use in colloquial speech. The following two examples
come from the same book. This isn't very strong proof since it's
subject to the errors of a single transcriber. However, it makes sense
and the current behavior doesn't, so I think it's a sure thing. Here
are the examples I have:

  8,hell1 no10 ,zack replies4 8,?+ies1
language4 ,!y're n ?+ies2 !y're hors

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll