[BRLTTY] FYI: HandyTech Modular Evolution 88 and Linux console size (88x42)

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Jun 27 16:32:14 EDT 2010

Sebastian Humenda, le Sat 26 Jun 2010 16:39:44 +0200, a écrit :
> >On my Debian system, I put
> >
> >FONT="Lat15-Terminus14.psf.gz brl-14.psf.gz"
> >
> >into the file /etc/default/console-setup.
> Is Lat15 also okay for a UTF-8 console, or is this not a shortcut vor Latin15?

Latin15 doesn't even exist, actually.  I have told the maintainer that
the Lat15 name is misleading but he doesn't want to fix it.  Lat15 just
means that it provides glyphs for latin1 and latin5.  It happens to also
provide glyphs for latin9.

Anyway, yes, it will definitely work with a utf-8 console.

Samuel