[BRLTTY] Maybe O.T.: Need help with braille in Knoppix Adriane

Ollie mallard at ilgerone.net
Tue May 4 05:37:14 EDT 2010

Hello list,
Sorry, this may be O.T.
As I had too many problems with Ubuntu, I decided to try Knoppix
Adriane, but had a sad surprise.
I have a Freedom Scientific brailledisplay (pm display 40), and it
doesn't appear in the list of supported devices.
It looks as if braillesupport in Knoppix Adriane is not through
BRLTTY, but I don't know who else to ask.
Is it possible to install a driver for my braille display and have it
uspported even if it isn't included in the standard distro?

Sorry again; I'm basically a Windows user who's been wanting to
switch to Linux for years, but never really made it due to too many
problems I haven't been able to solvefor lack of competence on my part...
Thanks for your patience.
Ciao,
Ollie