[BRLTTY] v. 4.1 - bug in brltty.conf

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Sun May 9 05:08:29 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 03:41:46PM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> I'm not understanding. serial: should work just fine.

Absolutely no, sorry.
Note: my ABT380 display is really serial, not serial to usb or so.
The desktop PC have only one serial slot.

Modified as I did (/dev/ttyS0) worked immediately, even after rebooting.

>It should mean the first
> serial device, i.e. ttyS0.

Yes I understand, but it isn't working/starting automatically.

Note: that Ubuntu o s is a Hardy migrated to Lucid,
but I can't imagine that there should be a buggy situation with brltty; if
it was so then even trying with /dev/ttyS0 hadn't worked, but it did it
right immediately!

>If that doesn't work then something is wrong.
>
> Specifying something like /dev/ttyS0 is the old way to do it which shouldn't
> really be used any more.

Is there a way I can check out how does the /dev/*** (serial) connection is
made and if it's OK?
is it called /dev/serial or /dev/tty with no number or otherwise ?

>The right way is serial:ttyS0 (or whatever the correct
> device is), with just serial: meaning the first device (ttyS0).

I will ty with serial: again, adding ttyS0 as you suggest, and see if that
will work.

Feedback later today.
Have a pretty sunday!

Labrador