[BRLTTY] BRLTTY 4.2 in Debian Lenny

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri May 14 03:55:48 EDT 2010

Ollie <mallard at ilgerone.net> wrote:

> I have a question though. Last night I tried to upgrade to BRLTTY
> 4.2, but it wouldn't work at all.
> I have a Pm Display 40 (Pac Mate braille display by Freedom Scientific).
> In fact, my husband installed it for me. He might have done something wrong.
> Is it possible to use version 4.2 with Debian Lenny?

Yes, but if you want to install it as a package, you'll probably have to
upgrade to debian Squeeze, which is not yet released but many of us are
running it reliably anyway.

If you would prefer to stay with Lenny until Squeeze is released, you can
compile BRLTTY 4.2 from the source code after first installing the necessary
tools.