[BRLTTY] brltty support for focus blue or brailliant braille display

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon May 17 15:26:27 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Zdenek Vopat on 2010/05/17 at 21:06 +0200]

>i have heard that both focus blue and brailliant 40 braille displays are
>supported by brltty. is that the case for both 32 and 64 bit systems

The Brailliant has been supported for quite some time (use brltty's Baum
driver). Support for the Focus Blue is brand new in the latest release of
brltty (which is 4.2). Brltty-4.2 was released just a week ago so it may not be
in your distribution yet. If it isn't, you can still, of course, build
brltty-4.2 for yourself.

>also does focus blue offer more options because of chording

We tend to get inventive with respect to key combinations so that as much as
possible is supported for each device.