[BRLTTY] compiling libusb and brltty

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon May 24 19:58:31 EDT 2010

Kristoffer Gustafsson, le Tue 25 May 2010 00:12:02 +0200, a écrit :
> I'm planning to compile libusb and brltty for windows, since there seems to be
> a lot of spyware in the ones that are on the internet.

Well, the libusb filter actually _is_ a spyware: it steals the USB
events from the usual driver in order to be able to operate on the USB
device from userland. Thank Microsoft for that poor USB support.

> What tools do I need, and how do I do when compiling this for windows?

At least MinGW. Then you get a Unixish environment in which you can
reuse your linuxish knowledge.

Samuel