[BRLTTY] brltty 4.2 compile issue on gentoo

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Sat May 29 14:02:48 EDT 2010

Hi Dave,

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 01:42:28PM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> >I'm sure this error is occuring because I am missing a configuration
> >option, but I'm not sure which one.
>
> Our configure script should probably do some more checking. It appears that
> you're missing the libX11 development package. Depending on which distribution
> you're using, it's actual name will be whatever it is. :-) Try looking for a
> package named something like libX11-dev or libX11-devel.

 On gentoo it looks like the package is just libX11.  But I do not have
 xorg installed here, so I am not interested in installing that
 library.

 I was able to get this to compile by adding "--with-screen-driver=-a2"
 to the configure command line.  Is the a2 screen driver supposed to
 only work for systems with libX11 installed?

William