[BRLTTY] error when compiling with MinGW

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Oct 10 10:29:59 EDT 2010

Hello,

after I couldn't completely make it work with Cygwin, I have now tried to
install brltty with MinGW, but failed again :(

I have installed MinGW using mingw-get-inst-20100909.exe, and installed
everything available except "foreign languages" not starting with 'C' ;)

Like before, I have used brltty-4.2.tar.gz
Again I have set retainDots = 1 in Programs/brlapi_server.c
./configure seemed to work, but when i run "make install", there were errors.

I have attached the complete shell output I received. It contains a couple
of warnings, and near the end the error:

./screen.c: In function 'tryToAttach':
./screen.c:80:15: error: storage size of 'class' isn't constant

I would appreciate any help on this (or on the previous problem with
Cygwin, where many of the dot-patterns entered on the braille termilal are
not correctly transmitted to the client)

Greets, Thomas Marquardt