[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Windows

Øyvind Lode oyvind.lode at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 05:21:12 EDT 2010

On 17.10.2010 02:07, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Øyvind Lode, le Mon 27 Sep 2010 21:55:51 +0200, a écrit :
>>>
>>> How did you do it?
>>
>> Downloaded and installed the correct binary package :)
>> There is a libusb-filter-devel package available.
>> That one did the trick.
>
> Which version was this?  Maybe we just need to upgrade the version we
> ship along brltty, it would be very useful to know that precisely. I
> can't do this myself since I don't have a 64bit win7.

I installed the latest libusb-win32 filter.
Direct link below.
But as I said brltty can't attach to the console.
"No attachable console" is all that is displayed on the Braille display.
I'm not sure why.
I heard that MS did some changes to the console in Windows 7 but I can't
confirm that.
It may be just my installation.
I'll try again when I have a fresh install of Windows 7 available.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libusb-win32/libusb-win32-releases/1.2.2.0/libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.2.0.exe?r=&ts=1287306632&use_mirror=ignum