[BRLTTY] braille input with retainDots=1 not working

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Oct 18 15:49:55 EDT 2010

Hello,

Thanks for all the details, it's much clearer what is happening and
where the problem exactly was.  As Dave said, it's the driver itself
that reinterprets your dots, that's why only some dot patterns were
sorta working.

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de, le Mon 18 Oct 2010 20:42:54 +0200, a écrit :
> Seemingly every press gives a return of brlapi_readKey (1, &key) with key
> = 00000000 20000000(hex), and releasing the keys gives one more return
> which contains the entered character's dots in the lowest byte (but
> somehow encrypted: 1 -> 01  2 -> 1e  3 -> 0b  4 -> 02)

These are actually commands.  I'm now realizing that you apparently
missed the brlapi_keyCode_t part of the documentation, which explains
commands, dot patterns, etc. Dots are of course not coded the way you
cited above :)

Samuel