[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Windows

Øyvind Lode oyvind.lode at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 15:55:51 EDT 2010

On 27.09.2010 17:48, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Øyvind Lode, le Mon 27 Sep 2010 17:41:04 +0200, a écrit :
>> I actually got the libusb-filter working here on my Windows 7 box.
>
> How did you do it?

Downloaded and installed the correct binary package :)
There is a libusb-filter-devel package available.
That one did the trick.

>> However brltty don't work properly.
>> "No attachable console" is displayed on my display even though I have a
>> Cygwin console running and it's the window that have focus.
>
> I guess you didn't change the default parameters in brltty.conf?

I only changed the text-table.

> Does anybody here already tried brltty on windows 7 successfully? (Maybe
> they have changed their console attaching policy...)

I think that's actually the problem.
I read somewhere that the console implementation has changed in Windows 7.
That's why JFW 11 sucks with the Win 7 console.
FS has still not implemented full support for the new API yet.