[BRLTTY] Starting brltty as init

Cheryl Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 21:20:55 EDT 2011

I have a question about the possibility of moving the real init, building brltty so it knows where init is, moving the real init to the location specified in the brltty configure, and putting Programs/brltty where init was. I am assuming that this eliminates the need for putting a brltty line in inittab since brltty will be starting before init but considering the never-assume-anything adage, I thought I should check this point. Do I have to modify the real init at all other than moving it? Also, is there any reason this might not work and would lock me out from booting into my system; I do have a means of rescue ready at hand.

Thanks.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth