[BRLTTY] Surprise, It's The Email On File, and brltty BrailleNote Driver Breaks

Sabahattin Gucukoglu mail at sabahattin-gucukoglu.com
Fri Feb 11 06:22:02 EST 2011

Not sure quite how they got my old email address, but there it was, used that, and got not only my KeySoft license file, but also that of my Oxford dictionaries.

A lot to report - quite a few bugs already discovered - but I just wanted to warn especially users of brltty that KeySoft 9.1 breaks assumptions that brltty depends upon, and the terminal mode provides no compatibility for eight-dot input using qwerty keyboards of any kind.  So, don't upgrade if you use brltty unless you don't mind totally losing all input functionality.  This is a terrible, terrible shame - I hope it gets sorted out somehow.  It's especially troubling because there is absolutely no documentation of the protocol, nor of the function key combinations in input mode that send various command sequences to be interpreted.  So, the changes would have to be in every screen reader concurrently, and brltty and NVDA was presumably left out at long last.

Cheers,
Sabahattin