[BRLTTY] Fedora 14 and later

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Feb 12 13:57:13 EST 2011

[quoted lines by mattias on 2011/01/28 at 06:46 +0100]

>Dave have you plans to make braillefied fedora 14 or later images?

This discussion came up with respect to Fedora 13, and a conclussive answer was
not reached. What I said at that time was that I feel that it's become almost
pointless since Fedora has stripped down its text-mode installer so much that
it's really only useful for those who want the most basic partitioning and an
extremely basic installed system. If, given that, people still want a
braillified Fedora installer then I can make one.

A warning: The Fedora text-mode installer has become, in my opinion, so stupid
that when it offers "the whole disk" as a partitioning alternative, what it
really means is a volume group which spans all disks, including removable ones.
I had my phone connected via USB one time and almost wiped it out with the
Fedora text-mode installer. Fortunately, I caught it before any real damage was
done, but that just mightn't be true for most users.