[BRLTTY] Putting brltty to sleep in windows.

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Thu Jul 14 16:41:03 EDT 2011

[Anders Holmberg]

> Can brltty be put to sleep while using another screenreader?
> For example supernova screenreader.
> I only have a usb driver for my papenmeier display.
> No virtual com port can be created even though i have tried.
> So any help is appreciated.

Using BRLTTY over USB in Windows, I don't know very much. To use
another screen reader, you must use the -r --release-device switch
when starting BRLTTY. Does SuperNova has a mechanism to get it disable
braille display while in a Dos window? That's also needed, or you need
to shut down SuperNova while working in a console window.

Lars