[BRLTTY] 2d-Screen with orca

David Reynolds dkreynolds at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 15 15:48:18 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm new to this list, and I hope that you'll pardon my ignorance on topics
relating to brltty.

I'm currently using Vinux, i.e. orca with ubuntu.

Am I correct in thinking that the Braille display support for orca is
handled by brltty? If this is the case, how can I solve the following:

My braillex 2d-screen is currently connected to my computer using a usb to
serial convertor (prolific pl2303). With this configuration, is it possible
to get Braille working, if so how. I've read several articles on usb to
serial convertors under linux, and it sounds possible, but there's probably
some major flaw I'm missing.

Very grateful for any help,

Thanks,

David.