[BRLTTY] brltty - I'm confused!

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 18 13:42:23 EDT 2011

This is just a wild guess and I should really keep my mouth shut, but
you could try:

killall brltty
brltty -bfs -dserial:ttyUSB6

The -b switch tells brltty what kind of braille device you're using. I
jumped to the conclusion you're using a PAC Mate display. If it's
Papenmeier then -bpm I think.

The -d switch tells it what port to use. If ttyUSB6 doesn't work you
could try fishing, starting with ttyUSB0. Killing all brltty
instances before each test certainly won't hurt.

This advice is likely worth every penny you paid for it... :-)

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll