[BRLTTY] brllty in windows or linux qvestions. etc

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Mar 9 07:24:30 EST 2011

[quoted lines by Bardia Zakeri on 2011/03/09 at 09:15 +0100]

>1. wy i dont can use the down arows and up and right or left on my display in
>brltty but my pc arowkeys?

Which model of braille display are you using?

Are you referring to using brltty directly, e.g. in Linux text mode, or are you
referring to using brltty through a graphical mode screen reader like Orca or
NVDA?

>2. wy brltty on linux not start audomatycally ?

Brltty can indeed start automatically on Linux. It all depends on if your
particular distribution provides brltty and has set up up that way. Even if it
hasn't, you yourself can modify your system's boot sequence so that brltty is
automatically started. Now, of course, if you're not used to making those sorts
of modifications, this can seem like a bit of a scary part of the system to
play with. We can, if you'd like, give you some hints in this area.

>3. who is the brltty programer and who release brltty and fix the bugs ?

A number of people are involved in the maintenance of brltty. All of them are
subscribed to this list. Just post your concerns here and you'll reach them.

>4. can  enny  do a brltty interface to  talks and zooms  nuanse ?

Brltty hasn't yet been ported to the Symbian operating system.