[BRLTTY] automake?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Mar 15 09:44:32 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Christopher Brannon on 2011/03/15 at 12:47 +0000]

>Anyway, the brltty package on Gentoo has a few open bugs.

It's too bad those weren't reported to us a long time ago.

>The build system doesn't respect LDFLAGS,

That'd be due to my total inexperience with this stuff when first converting to
autoconf. Brltty was, in fact, my first ever autoconf endeavour, and I'm
absolutely sure there are things which still need to be cleaned up so as to
better honour a lot of good conventions.

>and the package cannot be built with parallel make.

That'd probably just be a missing dependency or three. The most likely area
wherein this occurs is probably wehre recursive makes are done.

>Converting to automake should get rid of both issues.

But so would just adding in the missing dependencies.

>I'll do what I can to fix them within the current structure, instead.

Thanks. That, in the overall scheme of things, would be far less error prone
than redesigning the whole thing.